Heron Island Trade Information
Heron Island is a natural sanctuary for nesting birds and green turtles - an environment so special a Research Station has been set up to study the island's unique ecosystems.
Check-in is at 2.00pm / Check-out is at 10.00am.
getting to Heron Island and view our Transfer Schedule.
Those looking for a nature orientated holiday where they can relax and enjoy their surrounds right on the reef.
- Families - children 12 years and under stay and eat breakfast free (in existing bedding)
- Conference and incentive groups
- Special occasions such as weddings, honeymoons, anniversaries and birthdays
109 rooms including Turtle Rooms, Reef Rooms, Beachside Suites, Wistari Suites, Point Suites and The Beach House. Family configurations available.
- Interpretive reef walks (operate subject to tides)
- Birdlife walks
- Island ecology walks
- Snorkelling lessons
- Turtle nesting viewing (at peak nesting times)
- Night reef walk
- PADI Referral Dive Courses
- Snorkelling excursions to reef edge
- Research Station tour
- Fishing trips
- Heron Kids Junior Rangers Program
- Aqua Soul Spa
- Turtle tour (Dec–Apr)
Room and breakfast and a variety of activities. Children 12 years and under stay and eat breakfast free when using existing bedding.
- Children 12 years and under stay and eat breakfast free (in existing bedding)
- Great Barrier Reef location
- A true coral cay
- Swim right off the beach into coral gardens
- Birdlife, turtles, fish and marine life - a nature lover’s paradise
- The ultimate diving and snorkelling destination
- Heron Kids Junior Rangers Program (seasonal)
- Aqua Soul Spa
Breakfast is included daily.
A buffet lunch is served 7 days a week - adults $22, children $12
A table d'hote menu is served 5 nights a week (every day except Wednesdays and Saturdays) - adults $45 for 2 courses, $52 for 3 courses (no single course available), children $15 for two courses only
A buffet dinner is served on Wednesdays and Saturdays - adults $45, children $15
On Saturdays, an additional Australian Seafood Buffet is available - adults $75, children $15 (standard buffet is still available on this day if preferred)
You can also order a picnic hamper for a special lunch on the beach!
Children 12 years and under stay and eat for free when using existing bedding.
We offer a number of complimentary activities for the whole family, including:
We also offer exciting activities at an extra cost, including:
- Snorkelling on the outer reef
- Junior Rangers Program during Australian eastern seaboard school holidays
Heron Island is a protected habitat for a variety of wildlife. An amazing array of animal life can be discovered throughout the year including sea birds, turtles, whales, rays, coral and scores of tropical fish at more than 20 dive and snorkel sites surrounding the island.
From October to March each year, Heron Island becomes the breeding home to hundreds of Green and Loggerhead turtles. These giants of the sea return to the island, some 30 years after they hatched here, continuing the circle of life. Heron Island has a resident population of around 4000 turtles, who live on Heron Reef all year, so turtles can be seen in the water anytime. In September, even more turtles come back to the island to mate and nesting usually occurs with the warmer weather in early November. Hatching season takes place between December and March.
View our Nature Diary.
View our Image Gallery.
- Heron Island Activities
- Heron Island Resort Map
- Aqua Soul Spa Brochure
- Aqua Soul Spa Price List
- Heron Island Weddings
Telephone: 1800 837 168
Outside Australia: US Based Number: 716 27 0078
Facsimile: +61 3 9429 7270