Great Barrier Reef Swim at Heron Island
The Great Barrier Reef Swim is held annually in conjunction with Oceanswims.com at Heron Island.
Whether you are an accomplished swimmer or complete novice, all swimming levels are catered for with an emphasis on having fun and simply enjoying the stunning marine life in crystal clear waters. Stunning coral gardens and sea creatures great and small flourish in abundance and colour, making Heron Island an ideal place for swimmers.
Accompanied by well-known, highly respected coaches as well as a vast array of marine life, there is no better place to swim around an island right on the Great Barrier Reef than at Heron Island.
Great Barrier Reef Swim: 23-27 October 2014
- Swim clinics with Olympian Graeme Brewer (Friday, 24 October 2014)
- 1km swim (Saturday, 25 October 2014)
- 3km swim around the island (Sunday, 26 October 2014)
- Closing party and celebration
- A number of complimentary nature activities
- 4 nights accommodation
- All meals incuding daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Return boat transfers between Gladstone and Heron Island
- Welcome drinks
- Goodie bag with 2014 Great Barrier Reef Swim merchandise
- Children 12 years and under stay and eat free*
- There will be no kids race in 2014 and children 13 years and under are not allowed to enter the swim events
- Children between 14 and 18 years need to complete a manadatory swim clinic with Olympian Graeme Brewer prior to the swim events, assessing capability to compete.
- From $924 AUD* per adult (based on Turtle Room, twin share)
- Upgrade to a Reef Room for only $46.50 AUD* per adult per night or a Beachside Suite from $113.50 AUD* per adult per night.
- Extend your stay either before or after the event with our special rate starting from just $169.50 AUD* per adult per night.