"Sir David Attenborough returns in this landmark series to his most magical place on earth, the Great Barrier Reef". BBC One
Now’s the time dive into Heron Island and see what continues to excite this world renowned naturalist and documentary maker.
The Heron Island Top 10
Immerse yourself if our Top 10 quintessential Great Barrier Reef experiences
- We are a coral cay - that means you are sleeping, playing and exploring on the Great Barrier Reef
- Step off the beach - the Great Barrier Reef awaits. No long boat trips - just you, a snorkel and flippers and your personal encounters of the marine kind
- Low tide - the curtain draw back on the ocean floor - bright blue star fish, sand cleaning sea cucumbers, sapphire lipped clams - and the world's largest population of the pint sized epaulette sharks
- 21 dive sites all within 15 minutes of the island
- Heron Island Research Station - part of the University of Queensland which guests can visit
- Resident population and breeding grounds for Green and Loggerhead turtles
- Home to seven of the nine turtle species in the world
- Swim all year round in the glorious waters
- See the reef from the air, underwater, at low tide and through glass bottom vessels
- Throughout the year see whales, dolphins, rays, reef sharks, groper, fish, turtles, maori wrasse - which make up the Great 8 marine animals to tick off your list
Great Barrier Reef Experience - Stay 4 nights and only pay for 3
Explore all that Heron Island has to offer with our very special offer:
- Daily breakfast per person
- All from $248 per room, per night, based on twin share
This offer is valid for sale until 31 July 2016 for travel between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
Image: Shot during filming of "David Attenborough's Great Barrier Reef" © Atlantic Productions.
Terms and Conditions
Offer is subject to availability at time of booking. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer and is only available for new bookings. Includes buffet breakfast daily. Available for sale until 31 July 2016 and travel 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017, inclusive. Children 12 years and under stay and eat breakfast free if using existing bedding only. Offer is not available for group bookings; a group booking is defined as 10 rooms or more. Blackout dates are 22 December 2016 - 12 January 2017. Additional blackout dates, extra person rates and further conditions may apply.