Privacy Statement Updated February 2010
Delaware North Companies International, and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Delaware North") are committed to the protection of personal information collected, used and disclosed by us through our services and web sites.
Your Personal Information
Delaware North collects "Personal Information" through the performance of our services and our web sites. This Personal Information includes but is not limited to details such as your name, phone number, date of birth, residential or business address, email address, age range and gender. We also collect Aggregate Information, which is information about the use of our web site, such as pages visited on our web site. The information we collect depends on the services you utilize.
If you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with all the services you may require.
How we collect your personal information
Delaware North collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example when you provide information by phone, in marketing coupons, competitions or application forms, when you submit comments, questions or suggestions or when you use or submit information to us through our websites (eg by email or cookies);
- through our chat rooms, discussion boards, online forums and other interactive technologies that allow individual comments and messages to be tied to a user's name or e-mail address. Any information you post in such forums is public information and Delaware North cannot control what uses third parties may make of personal information you share in such forums. You should exercise caution before disclosing personal information.
- when you complete Surveys on our web sites which may request demographic information (such as age range, gender, areas of interest, and familiarity with Delaware North or our products and services) and customer feedback.
- when you apply for a job with Delaware North by submitting an application and/or resume on-line. Information submitted for job applications will be used only for the purposes of considering your application for the posted position.
- from third parties we are associated with or our related companies or credit reporting agencies; or
- when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you with the provision of or to subscribe to our products and services;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving our websites;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your information or obtain your feedback or views about our services in order for us to provide you with a better service.
Your personal information is also collected so we can promote and market our products and services to you or those of our subsidiary, parent company or affiliate company products or services. This is to keep you informed of products, services, and special offers we believe you will find of interest. We may outsource all of these tasks to third parties on a confidential basis. If you do not want to receive promotional materials from us or third parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use information about you for our own internal statistical, design, operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size; measure aggregate traffic patterns and understand demographic, customer interest, purchasing and other trends among our users and customers.
Except as disclosed here, Delaware North will not sell or disclose information that identifies our users personally or makes it possible for other parties to contact them directly without our users' consent.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require or for the purposes set out above, Delaware North may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Delaware North. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Delaware North services. These organisations may carry out:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
Delaware North takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
Delaware North also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Delaware North collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. Delaware North also collects and uses web log, computer and connection information for security purposes and to help prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving our websites.
Third party sites
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Delaware North takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name, address, contact details.
By contacting us on email@example.com you can access your personal information.
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Delaware North reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How to contact us
Alternatively please write to the Privacy Officer:
Delaware North Companies International
Level 2, 630 Church Street
Richmond, Victoria, 3121
This policy encompasses all Delaware North Companies International - Delaware North Companies Australia, Delaware North Australia Parks & Resorts and Delaware North Companies United Kingdom and subsidiaries.
As a California resident you have the legal right to request from businesses with whom you have an established business relationship, (1) a list of the categories of personal information, such as your name, address, email address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (2) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your written request to Delaware North Companies Australia, Level 2, 630 Church Street, Richmond, Victoria, 3121 with a reference to California Disclosure Information.