Junior Rangers Program
We do everything we can to help you enjoy a Great Barrier Reef family holiday on Heron Island.
Heron Island offers young visitors a unique range of interesting and educational experiences with our Junior Rangers Programs, which operate daily during Australian Eastern Seaboard school holidays as follows:
- Junior Rangers: 1.5 hours duration, operating on Saturdays and Sundays and every day over school holidays ($20 per child, per session). Includes a Junior Rangers Workbook, embroidered badges and activities throughout the duration of your stay
- Bookings during school term (Saturday/Sunday only) is by registration at 8.30am on the day, see the Information Centre.
- Bookings during school holidays times can be pre-booked, by contacting us on +61 7 4972 9055. Charges will be added to your account and cancellation fees apply.
- Groups run with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 children.
- Minimum age 7
- Maximum age 12
- Children must be able to read and write
- Bookings can be cancelled, with a full refund, up to 2 hours prior to the start of the session. After that times cancellations will incur the full cost of session
The program has been developed by Heron Island's experienced team of marine biologists and naturalist guides with the cooperation of the University of Queensland, and the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service.
The Junior Rangers Program offers a range of nature-based activities designed to nurture a sense of exploration and caring for the environment, from Research Station walks, bird-watching and beachcombing.
Junior Ranger activities contribute to the earning of a variety of colourful embroidered badges, from the "Three-Kilometre Badge" through to the highly prized "Junior Ranger Badge."