- Guided reef walks
A stunning one-hour walk out to the edge of the reef that lets you in on its secrets
- Island ecology walks
Learn how the island maintains its ecological balance
- Guided birdlife walks
Discover some of the 19 birds that visit or live on Heron Island
- Wildlife presentations
Researchers from the island's Research Centre chat to guests about their research
- Snorkeling lessons in the swimming pool
Get the basics of snorkeling sorted before taking on the Great Barrier Reef
- View the fish with seascopes
Take a bucket with a glass-like bottom to see the underwater world of Heron island easily
- Tennis (night and day) and table tennis
Borrow your equipment from Baillie's Bar and get set for a game, set and match on the island's tennis court or table tennis table
- Nature slide show presentations and marine documentaries
Get to know the natural secrets of the island without getting your feet wet
- Trivia night
Enjoy some friendly competition as you try to outwit the other guests
check the Resort Charges PDF)
(charges apply -
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef with more than 20 dive and snorkelling sites, including the Heron Bommie, one of Jacques Cousteau's favourite dives!
- Secrets of The Reef Flat Guided Tour - addition to our complimentary walk, where you will journey from the reef flat to the reef crest, rarely explored by most people. Suitable for those with a thirst for knowledge who want to see some rarely seen reef creatures.
- Enjoy Half-Day Reef Snorkelling Tours offering a kaleidoscope of coloured fish and coral on Heron and Wistari reefs, all within easy reach of Heron Island
- Enjoy the reef without getting wet on our Heron and Wistari Reef Cruise, with our naturalist guide providing commentary
- Join a Turtle Tour to spot turtles nesting and hatchlings (peak nesting times December through to April)
- Inspire your children to become eco warriors in the Junior Ranger Program, available for children from ages 7 to 12 years old (only available during Australian school holidays)
- Watch magnificent sunsets on the Sunset Cruises (adults 18+ only, selected departure dates)
- Enjoy a specially prepared Beach Picnic Hamper at any spot you choose on Heron Island.
- Indulge yourself with a spa treatment at the Aqua Soul Spa
- Enjoy a guided tour of the southern night sky with Stargazing. Binoculars and a telescope are provided.
- Sensational half day and full day Fishing Trips to locations such as Lamont, Fitzroy and Broomfield reefs.
- Explore nearby Wilson Island and be castaway for a day. Take a day trip to the small coray cay with nothing but naturaly beauty surrounding you.